Musings at the End of a Week
(this is not the author)
Um, it's been quite some time since I last posted. Short on ideas these days. But I have saved up many random thoughts over the last few months, and maybe some of those will find meaning somewhere out there. I'll number my thoughts.
1. In the last month we've released two training DVDs that we think could be helpful for local officials. One about the Utah Open Meetings Act, and the other about the powers and duties of local officials. Both starring David Church, our cheeky legal counsel. I'm merely the cameraman and gaffer on these productions. It's been great to see how many of these we've sold in recent weeks. Just over half of our communities have purchased the open meeting DVD and the powers and duties is flying off the shelf as well, and it's only been on the market for 36 hours.
2. We're making preparations now for our Annual Convention, September 12-14. Since it's the League's 100 anniversary this year, we'll be making quite a fuss at this event and are lining up some pretty cool speakers and events. We'll be releasing our agenda by the first week of July, or so (heavy on the SO), and then I'd suggest you get registered. It will be huge.
3. You folks up north in Box Elder, Cache and Rich counties get the chance to learn more about land conservation on June 13. We'll be up that way with the Bear River AOG, Trust for Public Lands and Green Space Design, to give a presentation on conservation easements and conservation subdivisions. Details on our Web site, ulct.org
That's all. Gee, after 2 months one would think I could think of more to say.


<< Home