The Town Wiki

So yesterday I was part of a discussion on Web 2.0 and the applications that are becoming popular, and maybe even effective. The idea of a "town Wiki" came up. You know, the Wikipedia concept where people collaborate to provide knowledge about random topics, but in this case it would info about a community Well, I come to find out that Davis, CA has a very popular Wiki, in fact one person there happened to be from Davis and she boldly asserted it's the most heavily visited community Wicki in the free world. I may have to ask her for the Google Analytics report just to verify. Anyway, she may be right but I doubt there's much competition at this point. But have a look and see what you think. Click here for the link. Is this an effective way to promote your community? Or communicate in general about your community? Or...?

<< Home